Wednesday, February 18, 2009

~Trip to Cancun~

Me and Ryan at the Japanese Restaurant at our resort.



Waiting for our friends to arrive.



My HOT husband posing for the camera. We kept waiting and waiting for Carlan and Kristen to arrive...Surprise, surprise, always waiting for the Reeses! Love you guys.


Me and Tawnya getting ready to eat. Again.


Margaritas! Sin alcohol! I don't know how many times we said that to the waitors. NO ALCOHOL!!They thought we were crazy all 10 of us ordering drinks with no alcohol. They were pretty yummy.

Ryan and Dave smiling big for the camera with their hats. Who knows how many heads those have been on. SCARY and NASTY!


Kelly, Carlan, Ryan, and Dave. Pretty good looking optometrist. :)


Las Chicas..I love you girls. Wish I lived closer. :(

These guys were everwhere down here.


Ryan, Dave, and Carlan taking in the sites at Tulum.

The Girls at Tulum. These ruins were amazing. If I were Aztec royalty this is where I would have built my palace too.


The Temple at Tulum. Right over that hill where this ruin is there is a huge cliff overlooking the ocean. Beautiful!


The guys on the beach beneath the ruins.


This is probably the clearest water I have ever seen.

More of the Tulum Ruins.


Tawnya and Dave on 5th Avenue in Playa del Carmen.

Eating yet again.


Carlan and Kristen in the Cenote (underground cave where you could snorkel).Amazing!

The fellas coming off the zipline into the underground cenote.


Every night the maids would make some towel sculpture on the bed. This was the one on Valentine's Day.

Swings at a bar on Playa del Carmen. Kristen, Tawnya, me, Valarie, and Allison.


All in all, it was a great time with perfect weather, great friends, and did I mention a lot of food? Time to hit the diet again I guess. Can't wait until we do it again. We missed you Todd and Kristy!!

12 comments:

Brannon and Leslie said...

So very jealous. Looks like you guys had a blast. Love the picture of the towel sculptures. Awesome!! You look smokin hot in your swimsuit. Must be all that time on my treadmill!!

Stacey Mowers and Family said...

I had to laugh when you made the comment about the hats. That was my first thought - how many heads have been in that thing. I think I freaked you out with Mexico and lice. Your funny!

The Reeses said...

Wow, looks like you had a fabulous time. Boy I wish I could have been there. Oh wait, I was! It was great to see you guys. We wish you were closer too. Much closer! We made great memories--to last us until we make the next ones.
Love you guys,
Carlan

melinda said...

Looks like you had a FUN trip!! And look at you all hot and tan! Cancun IS beautiful--that is where we went on our honeymoon:)

The Fish Family said...

I am so glad that you had such a great time. I didn't doubt that you would. The pictures are amazing and it is making me itch to go on a long vacation. I'm happy that you decided to come back home and surprise, surprise we are coming up this weekend so I am sure that we will see ya soon!!

Barb said...

You guys look fabulous!! Hope you had a super fun time - now we're all jealous of your tan!!

The Kersten Family said...

Fun, fun, fun! Next time we all need to go together.

Hallie said...

I'm so jealous, that looks like a fun trip! You are going to be the only tan girl in Snowflake now! :)

Katlyn Papa said...

Ya Ya Mist, I'm in the jealous club too! Looks like you had a blast and you both look super good! Diet? What are you talking about my friend?

fishingvswife said...

Hope you start peeling soon:) Looks like you had a blast. We all need that every so often. We are lucky we have a great family that is willing to watch our kids to make things like this happen. I wasn't on the rotation (probably because they may get dirty over here in the hicks) but you know they would have loved it!!!

Jill

Karolynn Kay said...

What a great way to get together with friends. I am glad you had a great time... Also glad to hear that you have to diet here and there again. I mean....you always look fabulous, I just assumed you still had that naturally perfect body like you always had in Highschool.. (I am sure you still do...but I will assume once in a while you have to watch what you eat).

Bekah: said...

Wow. It looks like an amazing trip! Are those all old Opt friends?

Is there really life beyond school ;)